You know that scenario you play over and over in your head where noone is buying from you even though you are posting a new flier every single week advertising your oh so awesome promotion? Well believe it is not that is very true for many entrepreneurs. I call it living in a ghost town. Where tumble weeds blow through the streets, there is no sign of life and it has been uninhabited for a number of years, week or days.
It is scary but there is a way to invite people to your town so they can also know how fabulous you are and start to buy from you.
Your ideal clients will only buy from you if they know you exist. Which means you have to show up and let them know who you are and how you can solve their problems. Gone are the days where the one with the biggest mouth or the largest budget gets all the clients.
You need to develop a strategic plan to show up, be visible, attract the right clients and get them to buy from you over and over and over again.
How? By Showing up!
What does this mean? Well if you know who your ideal clients are and where they are, then half your work is done. You need to show up where they are with the solution to their problems. Whether online or offline.
- Do not depend on social media alone. Yes it is a powerful means to attract your ideal clients and get continuous sales, but it is not the only way. Get away from your laptop and network with your ideal clients where they are. Speak directly to them so they can put a name and face to your product or service. (visit other towns and let them know how fabulous your town is…lol)
- Besides your business page and website, reach out to people via email. To grow your business you need to grow your email list. It takes work and patience but it is something you should not overlook. Go through the persons you connect with via email and ensure (once they are your ideal client) that they know how you can help them.
- Be consistent! Easier said than done right. But in order for people to know that you can solve their problem, they need to interact with you a few times. They need to see and feel that you can solve their problem. Which means you cannot post once a week. Or you cannot go to one event. Or you cannot blog once a month. Or you cannot do one video a month.
- Engage, engage, engage. It is not just about you spewing a set of information to your ideal client. You have to engage with them both online and offline. Ask questions, conduct surveys, give them valuable information, get their feedback on a new product or service, ask them what they want from you and how they want it, praise them when you see they have accomplished something that they have shared. Engage with them and build know, like and trust by building relationships so they will buy from you. I spoke about how to engage in an earlier post called- The importance of engagement to grow your business
- Utilize social media wisely. Meaning, use your analytics to determine what time your ideal clients are online so that you show up when they are. So that what you post and share appears on their time lines while they are scrolling through their feeds. This is critical to ensure you get seen at the right time and on the right days.
Inviting your ideal clients to your ghost town will create a thriving rocking town of clients who want to buy from you over and over and over again.
And if you are still unsure, then let’s discuss how we can work together to get your ghost town inhabited by the very best clients. Book a discovery call with me today!