There were a few great lessons in 2018 that I hope we all remember in 2019 as we work to grow our business. Let me share some of the most important ones that stood out for me and my clients
1. Set a goal, write it out and get it out of your head in order for you to succeed. A goal not written is merely a wish list
2. Know your clients. Stop trying to sell to everyone because you are wasting time, money and resources. Get specific about who needs what you are providing and sell to them
3. Ask for help. Instead of sitting back and complaining about what you do not have or cannot afford, ask for help and be prepared to give in return. Complaining and a pity party solves nothing and keeps you stuck
4. Do not charge the lowest prices and stop giving a set of discounts. You are positioning yourself as the cheapest option and your clients will assume your products or services are inferior. Charging the lowest does not guarantee sales at all.
5. Do not rely on social media alone. So yes having a FB page and IG page are important but they are not the only ways you should be growing your biz. Go to markets; get on the phone; start your email list. Social media is just 1/10 of your entire plan
6. Videos work and if you have not done any videos in 2018 then you have lost out on a ton of money and clients. Make it a big part of your plan for 2019
7. Stop winging it. stop guessing everyday on what you are going to say and share. Write out a plan and get into action everyday. Be flexible but get into action
8. Share value everyday. Teach your audience something about what you do and what you sell. Do not assume they know already. And if they do then remind them! Value is how you get sales everyday
9. Sell everyday. You should have at least 3 sales activities that you do every single day so you bring in money everyday to your business. Sell more than 1 thing at a time and sell often and get what you want.
10. Get intimate with your money. Do a budget. Know how much goes in and goes out. Know how much exactly to the cent you need to earn so you can price accordingly and position yourself accordingly. Stop guessing about your money
11. Pay yourself first…always. Yes you have to pay yourself even if it is $50 a week. Get into the habit of paying yourself and gradually increase the amount as your business grows. This is a money mindset activity that will do you wonders in the long run
12. Focus on your zone of genius and delegate the rest. If you are not great at marketing or sales or tech, delegate that out and focus on the part of the biz that you are great at. It is a bunch of croc to say you have to do everything because you are new. Get help, barter services etc and delegate so you can grow faster
13. Stop playing small. If you are only doing some of the work then you will only receive some of the rewards. If you want big things to happen then play big, be big, speak big, do big and step into the greatness that you want. 2019 is not the time to play it small.
14. Stop complaining!! Aren’t you tired of it?? Okay something did not work out….decide to move on. Decide to do better. Decide to try again. Decide to ask for help or use a different service. Decide to learn from it and keep moving. But just stop complaining
15. Stop comparing where you are to somebody else. Everybody is on a different journey even if they are in the same business. Mind your business. Focus on your goals and your clients. Focus on your dreams and wants and stop comparing yourself. What works for them may not work for you because they want something different; their skill set is different; their resources are different. Mind your business.
Did any of this hit you in the gut? What else did you learn in 2018?
If you are ready to be even better and badder in 2019, then just simply reach out to me and join me in my private facebook group of over 4000 entrepreneurs from around the world. Join us and let’s keep the discussion going.