One of the challenges many of my clients face is creating content consistently that sells. You see, this is something that is not taught in school and when most people start a business, they focus on building a pretty website, have a splashy call card and then maybe creating a flier that they hope will lure people to their business. And when it does not quite work out that way, they come to me and ask WHY? My question to most entrepreneurs is – what content are you sharing with your audience?
Content alone won’t make the sales. You also have to consider where you are sharing it, who you are sharing with and when you are sharing but you have to have a clear idea of what you are sharing with your audience. Is it something they need to hear, read or experience. Are you sharing the content in the best way for them to understand how you can actually help them solve a challenge they are facing? Content creation is one of those must do activities for any business whether now starting or in business 10 years.
Some of the top brands share content consistently and that is how they are able to close their sales. Content does not mean advertising…so let’s squash that misconception right now. Content is about educating your audience and sharing value. It is the information your provide to your ideal client to help them solve their challenge. Content can be shared in a number of different ways including
- Speech at a speaking or networking engagement
Content is shared in different places such as your:
- Social Media Platforms
- As a speaker at an event
- Through a Mic Man
And because the places are varied and they way it is shared is plentiful, many entrepreneurs immediately go into panic mode. But the solution is right in front of you everyday.
Here are 5 easy ways, I have been able to create content consistently for my audience and close the sale daily
- Ask them exactly what they want to learn from you. I know this sounds obvious but you would be surprised how many entrepreneurs are afraid to simply ask this question. Give them exactly what they want and then some more
- Create a poll in your group or your page or send out a survey with a list of questions that you want to get answered
- Think back to all the clients you have had over the last 3 to 6 weeks and make note of all the questions they have asked you via phone or email. Each question is a piece of content that you can share and teach your clients
- Look at what your competitors are posting/sharing and look at the response they are getting from their audience. Those responses are pieces of content for you to grab up
- Keep reading about new trends in your industry and give your opinion
This list is not exhaustive obviously but it is a great starting point for you to begin creating content that sells to your audience. The key is to take this information that you would have gathered and turn it into pieces of information which you share with your audience so they get to know, like and trust you even more.
If you have read this and still feel you need help in creating content that sells then let’s connect and discuss how we can get you over this hurdle called content creation!